Saturday, September 6, 2008

Melbourne Trip (Part 2)

Melbourne Trip Part 2

I've seen pictures and blogs from my friend where they went to this place call 'Sovereign Hill' at Ballarat, Vic. Those pictures looked pretty interesting to me and strike my visiting intention. We went to the train station early in the morning to catch the early bird train. The train station was spacious and there's a Direct Factory Outlet right on top of it. It's one of my favorite shopping area interest but sadly it's my last time of going there.

Southern Cross Station


In the train ! Yeah we were on the way to Ballarat !!

Ballarat is located in Victoria, Australia and has known as one of the country's largest inland cities. It's well-known of its history and cultural heritage. And Sovereign Hill is one of the place interest. It's about the discovery of gold-rush in 1851. Yeah right!! I've came to the right place ! I love heritage !!



I saw this grandma wearing on her pretty costume, awaiting and welcoming the visitors including me ! She gave me a brochure about this short tour of Sovereign Hill attached with a map.

The entrance to the Gold Museum
Old Newspaper

Spot me !!

Me with ancient Chinese


Finally I was in the complex. The site comprised over 60 historicaly recreated buildings. I was going to explore every corner of this site.

The popular area for gold diggings. Vistors able to pan for real gold at this featuring winding creek.

Look at this man !! See how concentrating he was. I bet he truly give in 100% of concentration to search for real gold !! but I don't think it's easy to find them... else...everyone going to be filthy rich just in short time.

Surrounded with tents and buildings contemporary.

err...I've forgotten what he was doing ...

Came to this 'Hope Bakery', selling variety of their famous pies, pastries, cakes and other baked delights. Hot cross bun anyone ?? Real hot, freshly baked from wood-fired oven !!

This is the 'Photographic Rooms'. Visitors get to dress in period costume and will taken by these pretty photographers.

Showing how pictures were taken in olden days...

Ta-daaaa.....



Then stopped by at 'Printer' shop. You can have your name printed on these posters...



Us in confectionary factory...
full, loads of traditional boiled sweets..

Somewhere infront of this shop.


I think this is the Grocer

Me and the Jeweller sign board.



Boys and girls in their costume leaded by an Old man along the street.

Here's the 'little town' look like

Us with the sweet grandma

Having a short play in front of the Theatre.


Yeah...got to warm myself!

Small and cosy room


The interior view of theatre

Groups of children having their lunch together. Reminds me those scenes in historical movies.

This young guy looking fabulous as a cashier.

I like this lacey hat.




He worked in Foundry, making goldpans and brassware spun on steam-powered lathes.

This is the ' Candle Works'. These children were dipping their own candle.



Coffins, anyone ?? Touch wood !! Lol.

The Bowling Saloon!

I like this school time scene.

Well it's time to discover and experience the 'Gold Mine Tour' .
Paid 4 dollars for this short tour concluding with a train ride to the surface.

Without flash... it's looking dark and creepy in the tunnel.

Can you spot the gold on these rocks?





That's the end of the tour. Back to the site.

Lastly, we stopped by at the 'Gold Smelting Works'. I was one of the lucky one to hold the $80,000 pure gold bullion bar. Unfortunately i dun have any picture on this. Still, I was so happy that he picked to hold it out of crowd...., how good it is if he was to present me... bahaha..... stop dreaming !! The trip was amazing !! It's one my favorite visiting spot so far....

Next entry will be on Chairman's 21st Birthday dinner...
Till then...


3 comments:

ccc said...

Hi, pretty girl, linked here through someone's chatbox. Nice pictures here.

Nice place isn't it? Sovereign Hill's another example how well developed tourism is in Aussie. Very convenient to get around in Melbourne.

Malaysia has a lot of rooms for improvement still.

Hey, have you tried their pastries and took snapshots wearing the "big big umbrella style costumes"?

:)

HO BC said...

Pretty good photos taken with pretty girls & wonderful scenery.I wish I could travel like you.... ^^

missfragile said...

Thanx both for generous comments.

ccc: Too bad I did not try any of them. Would cost me a bulk for renting the costumes.

hobc: I'm sure you're able to travel like me... everyone has the chance.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin