Friday, October 10, 2008

Canberra Trip

Date: 27-28.9.08
Place: Canberra

Finally finish uploading tons of pictures for my Canberra trip here. Your eyes gonna get blur gradually after scrolling down towards the end of this post. Very sorry about that but these pictures were real nice and looking very animated. Why ??? That's because of the Floriade event held in Canberra. Remember I did mention bout it before? It's held once in a year and only in between mid of Sep to mid of Oct.

On the way to Canberra ...

And this person was annoying and kacau-ing non stop behind .... bahahaha

Reached right center of Canberra City. Indeed the place was superb dead, very lifeless just another twins of Newcastle City. If were to compare these two cities, I would prefer Canberra ... perhaps more asian? Yes! I'm bias ... so ? The transportation in Canberra was freaking bad...I was literally feeling very lost throughout the whole journey .....

The place where I stayed

Feeling much excited for Floriade event. That's the only place I could see heaps of people gathered at one spot. I suspected most of the people came to the event as there were nothing much else to do ... so sorry for Canberra residents.




So are you ready to see flowers ??? It's not about a bud, a bouquet of flowers but beds of colorful flowers in violet, white, pink, orange, yellow... watever color that you can think of.





















The red bud among the whites , amazing right?













See ... I've told you. How many thousands , millions or even zillions of lovely flowers appeared right in front of my eyes. I could have jump into them and enjoy the excitement of being in the cloud seven that surrounded by true flowers.










Phua Chu Kang

Do ppl call this tree the Sakura ??
Looks like I was in Japan.

I dun have SLR to take a decent picture,
but that's the best shot what my camera can does


After Floriade, we went to Nira Japanese Festival, also known as CandleLight Festival... that was what I've been told.



Martial Art Performance.
Kind of missing those days I was in karate lessons, miss my sensei so much.
I wonder how's he been doin lately.... gotta visit him one day.


Food stalls galore over the sprawling green field...
people queue up to buy food and drinks.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The very next day we went to visit the Parliament House and the War Memorial Musuem.


Look at this picture carefully.
I was standing in front of the Parliament House and I took this.
Can u see there's a building at the far end? Not the white building but it's near to the mountain. That's the War Memorial Museum.
And can you roughly estimate how far is the distance between from where I was standing and to the Musuem?
And can you imagine we're going to walk from here to down there??
It took us bout 45 minutes to reach that blardy destination. You should be thinking, dun't u guys could just take a bus, as simple as that? Hah.... the bus will come once in every 2 hours on weekends... damn pathetic for all of us and flat-out.


Infront of Parliament House














On our way to the War Memorial Musuem

Yeeeshhhhhhh!!! Finally ....

I dun have many photos on War Memorial Musuem as my battery was depleted.
Part of the pictures were with Hong Gee...


I love this shot with fascinating backview.
Although it was just 2 days 1 night for Canberra Trip and have attempted all sorts of difficulties on our walking journey, yet, we had lots of fun especially with the two dedicated tourist guides: Edmund and Pey Yee. They led seven of the Sydney people, bare the troublesome which given from us throughout the journey from day till nite, made every endeavor to plan the most unforgettable trip for us and etc..... Thanx a million to both them for taking good care of us.

~The End~

5 comments:

Demo jerr said...

wow... you're pretty ^^.

Demo jerr said...

whoever ur bf is, im jealous, he's lucky! ;p

Ai-Ling said...

beautiful sight indeed especially the flowers. their bright colours bring a sense of joy to me :)

.liang.n.jo. said...

i think it was nara festival...==P

but at least we get a boat ride in between the walks...haha

3POINT8 said...

wow...canberra looks fun

Blog Widget by LinkWithin