Thursday, September 6, 2007

Friendship




'A friend in need is a friend indee when they need something from you. Whilst this can indeed be true, the reverse is also significant. When you are in need, then you find out who ad' is a popular saying, implying that people become friendsre your real friends….



Sitting down here in my little room, right in front of my table light, trying hard to write a proper paragraph for all the friends I miss back home. It’s been almost a year since I last saw them, but memories of them still linger and as if it was just yesterday. How can we on earth explain the word friendship?




Years ago, when people told me the saying ‘Separation makes our heart grow fonder’ I would just laugh and wont ever give it a second thought, but today, sitting right here in the middle of the night , alone, thousand miles from home…this saying hits my emotion like a hammer hitting on the nail repeatedly. It is true; I miss all my friends back home.




Perhaps it is a blessing in disguise that I am bored and I actually have time to sit down and write this passage. Writing this passage not just give me the opportunity to express my feelings and how I feel for all my beloved friends back home, but also giving me the precious time to think and recall back the moments when we will just laugh at each others joke , when it is not even funny. I remember the first day we met till the last time I saw you sending me off in the airport where I tried holding back my tears and just to show that I am strong but in fact, I already defeated as my emotions had cried a few days earlier..


After staying alone, I realized something… We can never miss a place; we actually miss the people in that place…

"Best friends are like diamonds, precious and rare. False friends are like leaves, found everywhere."

till the day our paths cross again, take care....

Luv,


Jocelyn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice piece of writing JL...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin